Friday, April 18, 2008

Update

A lot is happening as is normal in April. Since I last wrote anything, here is what has gone on.

Last week, Courtney became a Christian, which is very exciting. She actually started the conversation by asking Traci if she knew why we celebrated Easter. Courtney then explained what she knew about Easter. Traci used that to talk about what it meant to be a Christian and ultimately helped Courtney ask Jesus into her heart. It's probably the best e-mail I will ever get at work (Traci letting me know it happened)!

My birthday was two days ago and it was pretty low key, which is fine. I went to work like normal and then went out to dinner at BJ's and had a birthday Pizookie. Yum yum! I got one of the coolest gifts ever from my parents. It's a digital scoreboard that keeps track of all Major League Baseball games and updates itself (via free satellite feed) every half inning for every game. It also shows current standings and upcoming schedules for every team. It's also a clock. The only downside to it is that I've had a hard time finding a place in the house where it gets a strong signal. Still, it's awesome.

There was one sad event from the birthday and that is that we lost our camera at BJ's. It appears someone stole it after we left it or dropped it there unknowingly as the restaurant has not had anyone turn it in. There would have been some cute pictures from that night too, but at least the camera is replaceable.

The night before my birthday I was able to take in a Dodger game with my friend Martin, whom I worked with at UAL. It was fun catching up with him, especially since he just became a dad in November. It was also a good game as the Dodger won 11-2!

I had my annual eye exam a couple weeks ago. Now I'm seeing things in a new way...I have glasses. I just picked them up today and am still getting used to them. There is not a big difference in my vision, but the edges on things are sharper now. I told Traci I'm bringing sexy to nerds! There may not have been a nerd this sexy since since "Revenge of the Nerds!" Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating, but I'm now an official nerd. If we had a digital camera, I would post a picture so you could see the new me. Eventually, I'll get one up.

I joined the gym (24 Hour Fitness) a couple weeks ago. I've gone a few times now and it feels good, but free time to actually go is hard to come by lately. After all it's April. if all goes, well, I'll be dropping weight as I make it more of a habit to get to the gym. Traci and I have been taking advantage of the kid care there as well so we can work out at the same time. It's pretty cool. $2 / kid / 2 hours...not bad at all!

Tomorrow is the annual (sometimes 2x per year) paintball outing. I already feel a little sore from the gym today, but I'll be in pain after tomorrow anyway probably, so no big deal I guess. it should be fun. And for the first time ever, I think, it's not supposed to be in the 90's! It's actually only supposed to be upper 60's. Sounds like good weather for paintball.

The birthday madness of April continues as Traci and the girls are going to a birthday party tomorrow while I'm being pelted. Then we go to another one on Sunday in Corona (literally just a few minutes/miles from the paintball field...it's a Corona weekend)!

That's all for now. Have a great weekend and keep rooting for the Dodgers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all, glasses are cool so get used to it. Second of all, it's about time that you joined the rest of your nerd family. So HA! I can't picture it, though, so borrow a camera and get to work on those pics. And good for you going to the gym. Just remember, pain is your friend. :) Hugs!!!