Friday, August 7, 2009

Hmmm...

I haven't posted in a while and have a feeling I won't post very often in the near future. The reason is I'm dealing with some personal stuff and I think I'm just afraid that writing on here will cause me to reveal more than I am confortable with or mre than I want people to know. If there is something I want to write, I will, but I'm not making this a high priority in my life right now. I've got other crap to deal with. So if you happen to follow this little blog of mine, don't be surprised if there are big gaps between postings.

However, today was the conclusion of the Leadership Summit, which is hosted by Willow Creek Community Church annually. This year, our church (WACC) was a satellite campus/host. This is kind of cool (to me) for a couple of reasons. Of the 14 new satellites nationwide, we had the largest attendance/enrollment at just over 500 people. It was also cool because a number of other churches attended the event at our church. Like our pastor pointed pointed out, it is great to see churches coming together for events like this. After all, we're all here for the same reason (or at least we should be). It was also cool because our church was featured in the session that included a follow up interview with Bono (of U2) because of our Malawi Miracle a few Christmases ago (2005?) that resulted from an idea of our church's leadership atendance at the Leadership Summit that year. While I wish I was at a different place personally to get more out of it, I am still glad Traci and I went this year and we both want to go again next year. (Our church has already said they are going to be a satellite site for next year's Summit...August 5 and 6.)

And now, back to life.

No comments: