Saturday, February 13, 2010

Back in the Day...A New Series

I was just taking a shower when a thought occurred to me about what I could talk about on here! Since Courtney has started her first year in softball, I thought it might be fun to talk about some of the memories I have from playing baseball. I started in 1985 with Whittier Little League and played all the way through high school (1994) and even in a few adult leagues since. However, I haven't played since before we had kids. In other words I haven't played in over 6 years. I would love to play again, but it's expensive and would take up most of my Sundays.

This year is the 4th year that La Serna is having their alumni vs. varsity game. The only problem is that it has fallen on the weekend of Courtney's birthday every year, and this year it's on her birthday, which is when her party is. Maybe eventually I'll get to play; it sounds like a lot of fun. I am out of shape, but I wouldn't mind working into a little better shape for that. It would be so much fun.

So in starting this new mini-series on my blog, I'm hoping to post pictures of me and/or my teams from as many years as possible. I have memories from most of the years I played from my first home run to teammates mooning cars behind us as we rode home from a JV game in high school without the coach on board. If this sounds interesting, keep coming back. I'm not sure how often I'll post, but I'm hoping to post fairly often. We'll see if time permits that.

2 comments:

Miss Amy said...

You have a very nice blog here. I can't say I ever enjoyed softball, the one year I played in Little League, but you do a very good job at portraying your love of the sport.

kiran said...

This is very good blog about Games