Saturday, June 19, 2010

Summer is Off to a Fast Start

Hey, I have an idea! Let's go into the Summer running and not catch our breath! At least that's what it feels like right now. While I sit here, I have brownies in the oven, which will be a part of the Team WACC potluck at the Relay for Life at Cal High. Traci is there right now probably walking or running her legs off.

In a little while, we'll headed over to the house of one of our pastor's at church who just graduated with his Master's Degree from Bethel Seminary. He's probably the pastor I know best at church, so it should be fun to go celebrate with him.

Tomorrow is Fathers Day, so we're hosting our annual Fathers Day BBQ. The yard is ready to go since I mowed and edged yesterday. Boy, did it need it! It's always fun having the BBQ here on Fathers Day. This year will be a little more fun that it has been the past couple of years because Traci's brother and his family have moved back down here from Colorado. SO instead of my kids being the only ones, they will have their 3 cousins, which they love hanging out with, here to play with.

If I may (yes I can...it's my blog!) I'm going to go off on a little tangent. Yes tomorrow is Fathers Day, but I don't expect special treatment, which is where I have a problem with some people. To me, Fathers Day is another day. To some people, they expect to be treated special on a "special" day like this. I don't take that approach because if I do and things don't go exactly the way I would want them to go, I would be really upset and Fathers Day wouldn't be any good, which means I would rarely enjoy Fathers Day and then have nothing to look forward to when it comes around each year. With two kids (girls), there will inevitably be some drama at some point in the day. Get my drift? There are some people that expect to be the center of attention on a special day and that kind of annoys me. And then there are the people that expect to be the center of attention EVERY day. I don't want to even go there, so I'll leave it at that.

Friday's have pretty much become Frugos Friday since we discovered it about a month ago or so. The girls always like it, and so do Traci and I. It's just fun and is really good. Also, they sell bottled water for $1! That's an awesome price, especially since it's .7 liters.

It's been an eventful month so far besides everything coming up, including me and Traci's 11th anniversary a week from today. Oh the joys of being poor...we'll do something local without kids and make the most of it. It worked out pretty well last year and we had a lot of fun. Skyler finished her first year of preschool last week which means she has one more year of preschool before she hits kindergarten and we save $350 each month! Courtney just finished kindergarten yesterday and she is very excited to be a first grader now. She did amazingly well this year. We are very proud of her.

Well, the brownies are almost done, which means I need to get ready to go. TTFN

No comments: