Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hello, Goodbye

Wow, 3 months since the last post. I guess that's a sign that nothing much has gone on lately. So a quick rundown, in bullet format since I feel like it.
  • Took the girls to the Epicenter in Rancho Cucamonga to see a Quakes game and fireworks...oh and Matt Kemp was playing on a rehab assignment.  The girls are now big Matt Kemp fans.
  • Hard to believe that I have been at my job for 9 months as of next week.  I'm still enjoying it, embracing it, and looking for ways to challenge myself and step up in preparation for advancing my career elsewhere eventually.
  • Living the bachelor life until Friday when I drive down and meet the family, which is camping with the in-laws.
  • Disappointed in the Dodgers' play lately.  I had high hopes when Ethier and Kemp returned after the All Star Break, but it  hasn't been pretty...except for Matt Kemp's walk off HR today!  Those are always sweet!
  • Super excited that after racking up way too much credit card debt over the last number of years, they will be paid off this month!  We should actually have a little breathing room now.
  • The Summer has been pretty mild up here in the desert.  Mostly in the 90's except for a couple of days a week or two ago when we hit 110 and 109 on back to back days.  Just got the A/C bill today...ouch, but better than melting!
  • Must go help defeat those pesky pigs.  Those poor birds never get a break...no wonder they are so angry.

No comments: