Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's Been A While...Again

So last time I posted I was getting ready for our big trip to Colorado. Now I've been there and back and camping and back and have a break between travels. Therefore, here is an update about how the Colorado trip went, as well as some pictures.


The first day was long. We left home at 5:30 am and pulled into our hotel in Green River, Utah at 5:30 pm...about 670 miles in 11 hours (we lost an hour due to time zone change). The Holiday Inn Express was nice and we took advantage of the pool as the girls would have killed us for not using it. We also took advantage of the free breakfast the next morning.


We left the hotel around 7:30 the next morning and traveled through the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Once we were in Vail, Colorado, there was still quite a bit of snow covering the area. Fortunately, the road was clear and we continued our trek through Colorado only to stop in Eagle for lunch for some genuine Mexican food at...Taco Bell!!!!!! Actually, we hit Eagle before Vail, but oh well.


We managed to arrive and Susie and Adam's home around 2:30, which was great...350 miles in 6 hours. It was great to see some of our other friends, Annie and Corey and their son Austin, from Utah who had spent the previous night there.


We had a great week just hanging out and having fun, the way a vacation is supposed to be. We went to Adam's work and met him for lunch (Panda Express...it's Chinese for yummy!). We also went to the Denver Zoo, which was pretty good and the kids enjoyed it a lot, especially the penguins. They both wound up bringing home penguin souvenirs. We went down to Colorado Springs one day to see my (Great) Uncle Dick and (Great) Aunt Frieda. They are always fun to see. I just wish we saw them more often. This was one of the highlights of the trip for Courtney as our Cousin Melanie has been a character, more specifically, princesses, at Disney World. She quickly became Courtney's best friend.


It was great being able to stay up every night and just play games and watch movies (and battle flatulence). We headed home on Friday the 30th leaving arriving in Richfield, Utah for the night before heading home the next day. Of course, we had to take advantage of the pool there as well. My ear is still plugged from that, but it finally seems to be getting better today.


It was good to get home on Saturday around 3:30 in the afternoon and just get used to home again. The first thing the girls did when they got home? They grabbed and put on a princess dress. It was good to be home indeed.


After a week at work, we headed out camping last weekend at Silent Valley in Banning. It was fun, but I am glad it was just for the weekend. We had to be sure to be home for Courtney's first choir performance this past Sunday night and man, was it cute. She did well, singing and doing all the motions with her choir. It was only two songs, but it was a lot of fun.


Going back to work for a minute, when I returned on Monday of last week, I was informed that my office was being moved to the Pacific Towers, which is an office building catty-corner from the refinery. I knew I was either moving there or to another building in the refinery with the rest of the purchasing department. So when am I moving? Two days from now. I got a week and a half notice, but fortunately, I am pretty much ready. I've got about a dozen boxes in my office now and although I'll have a cubicle instead of an office, I'm looking forward to the move since all of my office furniture is brand-spanking-new...and I'll be exposed to natural sunlight!


It's getting late, so I'll post pictures from the trip soon (hopefully)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun times were indeed had by all. Do you have any pics of Courtney's choir performance? I would love to see those!