Saturday, June 28, 2008

Terrorfying

Me and the family headed to DCA (Disney's California Adventure) yesterday and Courtney tried three new things (compared to one for the rest of us). The one we all did was the Brother Bear Adventure Trail. It was fun, and a good workout, and it let the kids get some energy out.

That was done just after Courtney and I did the Grizzly River Run. That's the ride where you white water raft and get nice and wet. We both got wet, but not soaked. It sure felt good, though. You can see the picture below of the raft we were on (we are the two seats in the bottom right of the raft although it's kind of hard to tell it's us) and once we had just gotten off.



















Then came Courtney's biggest, scariest ride experience so far. She wanted to try the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. Traci and I thought she might be too scared to go on it after seeing it and us explaining it, but she insisted she wanted to try it. After assuring her it would be scary but that I would right next to her and she would be safe the whole time, she and I got in line. (It said it was a 25 minute wait, but it was more like 10-15...very short!) I thought she was getting scared while in line as she wanted me to hold her and she seemed to be holding on to me during the part where you're in the library watching a brief video of history about the hotel. She screamed a little with everyone else and when we got off, she said she liked it and showed a smile. What a big girl! Her summary: she saw stars and then dropped/fell (I forget what words she used) really fast. A picture of us before we went on it is below. Side note: this was only my second time going on it.



















On a completely unrelated note, we were at the Brea Mall today and as we were leaving, we walked by a Victoria's Secret store. Traci and I kind of looked at each other and wondered what Courtney might say if she saw the store. Well, she didn't disappoint. She got my attention and said, "Daddy! She [the mannequin] has the same hair as Hannah Montana!" God bless her.

No comments: