Thursday, February 26, 2009

Courtney and Taxes

So the title may be a little misleading as I will talk about Courtney and taxes, but as two separate topics. First up, the first born.

We had been wondering if her agents had been continuing to look for work for her or not since we hadn't heard from them since before Christmas. Well, she had a "fit model" audition today. A fit model is someone who will try on clothing to see how the fit is. This is the last thing done with the clothing before it goes into mass production...kind of like a dress rehearsal for a play. They use the models to see how the clothes fit and see how they feel when being worn. She just tried out for it today so we don't know if she'll get it or not. If she does, it could be an ongoing gig. There were a couple more kids coming in after her. This gig pays $90/hour (with a minimum of 1 hour)! Holy crap, that's way more than I make! It would be cool if she got the job, although driving to East LA a few times per week (potentially) may not be fun, it would be a good experience for her and she would enjoy it I'm sure since she likes to dress up so much. Oh and she has a print audition this Saturday too (which just happens to be Traci's dad's birthday). It is with one of the companies she tried out for before so maybe that gives her a leg up. We'll see.

I may have mentioned this, but we got our taxes done by Traci's cousin Teri on Sunday. I knew we would be getting less back this year since I had less withheld from my paycheck since we have been struggling. However, we are still getting a good return, about what I hoping/expecting. Also, Teri was going to e-file (and direct deposit) for us so we could get it quicker, but the stinkin' site would take Traci's information. She tried a few different ways to see if she could make it work, but it just didn't. So she suggested Traci call the Social Security Administration to see what they had for her name, ssn, and birthday. It turns out they had her birthday wrong! What's up with that. They had her birthday as Feb. 2 instead of Feb. 3. And apparently this dates back to when she changed her name when we got married nine and half years ago! Seriously? I don't get it, nor do I wish to spend the time trying to figure out how that happened. Regardless, we can now look forward to getting some money in a few weeks. (And after that comes my bonus and raise, both in April!)

Work has been crazy busy lately and it's not going to slow down anytime soon. I just accepted an offer to become the Procurement Analyst for procurement dept. So, next week it's off to San Ramon for the week to start turning over my current workload to the other analyst we work with. I fly up Monday morning and fly back Thursday afternoon (and then have Friday off). I think is as long a trip as I've had since working at Chevron. However, I must admit that I'm excited about my hotel because I know there is an In-N-Out very nearby! Double Double, here I come!

1 comment:

Traci said...

And a nice gym inside too. lol I only say that since you mentioned it to me. How convenient. lol