Friday, September 3, 2010

Job Update & More

And the job search goes on.  So far within Chevron, I have been rejected for 3 and have 12 more I'm waiting to hear on.  Of the 12 I'm still waiting to hear on, they are located in Bakersfield, CA (6), San Ramon, CA (4), Salt Lake City, UT (1), Covington, LA (2), and Houston, TX (1).  There are no positions available in El Segundo where I currently work.  Therefore, if I stay with Chevron, which is my preference, we will need to relocate.  Fortunately, Chevron would pay for almost all of the moving costs.  It would still be a hassle though.

Outside of Chevron, I have submitted for 8 different positions located from Whittier to Universal City.  I submitted all of those today so nothing has happened with any of them yet.

I took the girls to Disneyland tonight and realized that as of tomorrow (Sept. 4), it will be exactly 11 years since I last worked at Disneyland.  It doesn't seem like that long ago, but I think that's because I always think about it and how much I enjoyed and wish I could work there again.  Hey, there's another place I need to look at for work!

Traci continues to amaze me.  She ran (and finished) her first half-marathon this morning!  I couldn't be more proud of her.  She has built up quite a bit of endurance since she started running.  I need to try to catch up to her.

1 comment:

Traci said...

I vote for not moving. :)

You just try to catch up. I dare you. hehe