Saturday, February 16, 2008

Half way and still ok!

Well, Traci has been gone for two days now and she'll return in two days, on Monday (morning). I've managed to make it so far having a pretty good time with the girls. I'm hoping tomorrow and Monday go just as well. Friday was a little rough to start as Courntey cried off and on for about an hour after we returned home from dropping Traci off at the port. She kept saying she was having a bad day because she missed mommy. It was so sad because I could tell she was being sincere. (Even made me tear up a little to see her that sad.) Fortunately once we went outside on the swing set, things started turning around and she hasn't been sad since. Skyler has done amazingly well as she only cried for her this morning when she first woke up. Once Courtney and I told her mommy was still on the big boat, she was ok. I think maybe she just forgot or expected her to be home already. Either way, she's been fine.

Today, we headed down to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach with my parents. Everyone had a lot of fun but was pretty tired by the time we left. Courtney fell asleep while I was holding her at the aquarium and stayed asleep in the car. My mom was even falling asleep on the way home too. Goes to show how much two kids can work three adults. However, I must say, Courtney was outstanding today. Not once did she try to run away or not do what we asked. She was definitely on her best behavior. Skyler was Skyler, just wanting to go wherever she could, but fortunately, she never got that far away. She really did pretty good too though. I definitely cannot complain about how today went.

As for me, I miss Traci. It's no fun sleeping alone (although I don't have to worry about taking blankets away from her or vice versa). I slept pretty bad last night, despite going to bed a little earlier than normal. I think part of it was that I missed her, but I also went to bed with a lot on mind and I just couldn't seem to slow it (my mind/brain) down. Plus I woke up a couple of times sweating...that could be the virus I have though...seems to only happen when I'm sick. (Hope that's not TMI for you!)

It's definitely true though that time apart makes the heart grow fonder. I can't wait to see her on Monday. I'm sure she'll be happy to see us too, but will be glad that she was able to get a break from the normal everyday stuff. She definitely deserves it for all she does for the girls and me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww..this is the sweetest blog. It was so sad when you called me and Courtney was telling me she was having a bad day because she missed me. It was so sad. You could really hear it in her voice. And I wasn't even gone that long at that point. Probably because she didn't get to say good bye (since she was asleep). I missed you too!!!