Monday, February 4, 2008

Recent Thoughts and Hap's

So it's been a little rough finding the time to keep up with this whole blogging thing. It seems whenever I think I have time to do this, I realize I should be doing something else. Such is the case now. I should be doing laundry, reading for my spiritual formation/leadership group or playing Wii. This time, I'm ignoring those thoughts...at least for a few minutes.

I had the joy of having a physical today and a fit-for-duty test as part of the Chevron hiring/on-boarding process. It's always great to have a test that you pass, but makes you realize how bad of shape you're in. I could probably go on forever about this, but it's probably not a good idea.

Although I'm not a football fan, I was glad to see the Giants win yesterday. I always like it when the underdog pulls off the upset, unless it's against my Dodgers. And besides, it's not often I root for a team called the Giants!

Tickets for the Dodgers vs. Red Sox exhibition game on March 29 at the Los Angeles Coliseum went on sale to the public Saturday at 10:00 a.m. (I didn't learn until after the fact that season ticket holders had access to tickets the Wednesday prior...punks!) They were sold out at 11:00 a.m. Good thing I was on the computer at 10:00. I managed to get 6 (4 for us and 2 for my parents). The scary thing is we're in row 81! I might as well have rented a blimp. But hey, how often do the Dodgers play at the Coliseum? The bottom line is we're in and I'm excited. Maybe I'll post a picture of the view once it happens.

As for the geekiness in me...it's still strong. Pi day (March 14, or 3/14) is coming up, and wouldn't you know, I found a website for it. It's pretty cool. They even have merchandise! I think maybe I'll get a pie and take it into work, since that's a Friday I'll be in the office.

I'm getting ready to play Mr. Mom for the weekend in a couple of weeks. Traci will be heading off on a scrapbooking cruise to Ensanada (Mexico) on the 15th, returning 3 days later. That's right...a cruise that has scrapbooking 24/7...if you can handle it. The nice part is I'll be taking a couple of days off from work. It should actually be fun. Traci gets a break, I get the kids...wait what was my point? (j/k)

I just finished teaching our SS class at church about a book I went through on rekindling marriage. I'm not sure how effective it was as this was my first time teaching our class. It had it's moments. I think maybe why I'm struggling with understanding how it went is because I am not by any means an expert on marriage. I love my marriage with Traci, but I'm not anywhere near perfect in the marriage department. I guess it's just one of those things where it may not be how much you know about it, but how open you are to learning about it and applying things you think could help or improve the marriage. It's one of those learning experiences, I guess.

Well, the birthday parade continues to march on. I hosted a special 30th birthday party for Traci on Saturday (her birthday was really yesterday), which was an all-girl party. It was a lot of fun and I was happy to see so many people show up to show Traci their love for her. It always makes me happy when I see that other people love her so much...makes me a proud hubby. Next up: Courtney's 4th birhtday (20th) and her Ariel party (23rd). She's already talking about her Ariel party and the bounce house.

I guess that's enough ramblings for now. It's off to chores/Wii.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how did you NOT know about that website until now? I guess you're not as big of a pi fan as I thought you were. And a countdown? Really....?

Anonymous said...

LOL @ pi day. I guess you really are a geek. :)

Traci's bday party was really fun! Give her a hug from me!!!

And you're doing a lot better than me at this "blogging consistently" thing. haha.