Thursday, January 24, 2008

It Could Have Been Worse - Just Another Life Update

So I feel like it's time to provide a little update on the haps in my life lately as it has been an interesting week.

First of all, we visited our friends on Sunday who just moved out to Corona. We had a lot of fun as our five kids all payed together and we hung out and played Wii. I gave Guitar Hero a try and now I think I'm (insert cool rock back guitarist here), which means there is nobody better! That's what happens when you give into peer pressure. At least it's not like being addicted to drugs...yet.

Anyway, we stop at ampm by their house on the way home because it's a long drive back to Whittier and it's 9:00 at night. Smart me leaves my wallet sitting on the counter after buying a few things. Fortunately, the fact that I keep a list of emergency numbers in my wallet. Someone found that and called Traci's cell. (We have no idea if he was the one who took it and stole stuff or just found it after someone else tossed it.) We were almost at the 91 at that point (on the 15) so we turned around and drove 15 minutes back to the ampm only to find that there were two things missing and other things had been moved around. What was taken? Not the credit card and not the ATM cards, although they had been moved. They took the $10 in cash I had and my Disneyland annual pass, which will cost $20 to replace...not a big deal. Obviously this person has no clue that they will not be able to use the pass unless they look like me. The ticket-takers typically check pictures pretty closely. Regardless, my ap now has a hold on it so the person can't use it anyway. Although they credit and atm cards were still there, I cancelled them since I figure the idiot could have written the numbers and info down to use online. So for the time being I have no atm cards and no Disneyland AP, but it could have been worse. Fortunately, Traci can still use hers.

Today, Courtney went to her call back with Clear Talent Group, an agency that would potentially represent her for print ads and commercials. Courtney was shy and didn't show what the agent was looking for, although they encouraged us to return in a few months if we hadn't found another agent. (She meets them weekly through the acting school she attended for a few months.) It's always fun to drive from Whittier to Studio City and back in the rain when you're only there a half hour. It could have been worse. They told us that they like the pictures she has taken and thinks she just needs a little work on focusing her attention. Not surprising since she will just turn 4 next month. The bottom line is as long as she is having fun and wants to keep trying it, we'll support it. We think she can do it. (insert parental bias comment here)

Ok, it's time to change into my alter ego as the leader of the band Mathgeek! Party on Garth! Party on Wayne! Ok! Oh wait, they're wanna-be's...I'm the real deal! Hope I don't wake the girls or our neighbors up! Oh wait, it's after 10:00...bedtime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL What loser rock star has a bed time at 10pm and names their band MathGeek?! LOL Just kidding. I really think you dropped it coming out of the ampm because the guy on the phone said he would bring it up to the counter...not that he found it on the counter. But whatever.
You should put our family website on your links. password is squirt
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v281/WndDncr22/

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!!!!!!! Scott your a mad man you would really name a band Mathgeek and your bed time is 10:00 WHAT A DORK!!!!!!. Next time your in Colorado we can think of some better names than that I came up with good name for a heavy metal band how about Medal Buddha. By the way my bed time is 9:30 or sometimes 10:00 so I'm a dork too and proud of it LOL!!!!!!!! PARTY ON SCOTT