Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Blog Blitz Part 2 - Job Update

As some of you may know, I am currently working at Chevron as a contractor, meaning I'm not on Chevron's payroll, but working for them while getting paid by a third party. I was told when I hired in that it should become an employee position. Well, that time has come! I was verbally offered the position on Monday, New Year's Eve. Today I received the formal offer. Now it's a matter of me accepting, which I plan on doing tomorrow since I got it so late in the day today, and then jumping through the hoops that need to be jumped through (paperwork, drug test, physical and anything else I'm not yet aware of). It will be nice going from just getting paid to getting paid and getting benefits, retirement, paid time off (vacation, sick, etc.). Although it will be a cut in base pay, they expect me to get an increase when the pay scale increases in April. plus factor in medical, dental, etc. (which we currently pay for on our own - 100%) as well as vacation (3 weeks!) and sick as well as retirement (4 to 1 match on first 2%!) and it's looking really good. That doesn't even take into consideration the regular bonuses for various safety and operational milestones achieved throughout the year or the annual incentive plan (success sharing/bonus). Needless to say, I'm very excited about this and hope that I can stay at Chevron for the rest of my career. I'll try to post again on this when everything is finalized, which if all goes well will be in about a month.

No comments: