Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Following In Daddy's Footsteps & A Christmas Poem

This past Sunday, we went to Disneyland after church for our Advent activity. We went on a few rides, but the highlight was when a cast member, Bekah, at the Village Haus restaurant in Fantasyland let Skyler help her ring up our order. I decided to post the picture here because it came out really good and Skyler did really well following Bekah's directions. It makes me wonder if Skyler will follow in my footsteps and work at Disneyland someday (although I was in attractions, but that's no big deal).


And now I would like to attempt a Christmas poem:


The Night Before the Night Before Christmas

Twas the night before the night before Christmas
And all through the house
Germs were abundant;
At least there's no mouse.

Courtney is hacking
And Skyler is too.
Traci is better and
My eyes are all goo.

The shopping is done
And most gifts are wrapped.
With all of this illness
We're feeling quite zapped.

Tomorrow we'll kick off
The festivities
With energy high
From activities.

Kids will be plenty
And food overflowing.
Santa is coming,
The kids will be knowing.

Gifts will be opened
With smiles everywhere.
"Where is my gift?"
"Why, it's over there!"

After the fun,
There will be a big mess,
But the girls will be happy
In their fancy dress.

Toys will be scattered
And jokes will be said,
All while I'm sitting
With bows on my head.

Four generations
Will be at the party.
Hugs will be real,
And the love will be hearty.

At the end of the night
We'll all be so tired,
But with all of the sugar
The kids will be wired.

We'll go our own ways
And head to our homes
With visions of sugarplums,
But I'll dream of gnomes.

Christmas is here
And I'm quite excited
To see all the trees
So brilliantly lighted.

Tomorrow's forecast
Calls for precipitation
And kids will be anxious
Across the whole nation.

Santa had better be
Very prepared,
For in inclement weather
The reindeer get scared.

As for me, I know
That Santa will come,
But if his reindeer back out
He'll use his thumb.

As we prepare
For these joyous days
There's so much to say
In so many ways.

But I'll keep it simple;
I'm not good with words.
If I try to be eloquent
I may get the birds.

With that being said,
I'll leave you with this:
Just one simple thought
Like a hug and a kiss.

May you enjoy this Christmas
And think of the reason
That we celebrate
This holiest of season.

(c) Scott Steinman, 2008

1 comment:

Traci said...

That was awesome, honey! Very well written. Love it!