Sunday, December 7, 2008

Tha's Wassup!

We've almost made it through the crazy weekend. We got kind of lucky on Friday night when our church's preschool/kindergarten choir rehearsal was cancelled (due to how well rehearsal on Tuesday went) so we only had to go to her preschool's Christmas musical. It was very cute and I was proud of how well Courtney did. It's amazing to see the difference from last year.

Then tonight she had her first performance at church and it was great! Only about 15 minutes long or so, but she did great in that as well. Now she has two more performances at the 9:30 and 11:10 services at church tomorrow and then she's done for this year.

However, it will quickly get crazy after that. After church we 9me and the girls...Traci will be on her way to Disneyland) are going to come home, change, eat lunch and then head off to Disneyland to hopefully see the Candlelight Procession, which Traci is singing in this year. I know the crowds, at least in the area of the performance will be crazy. They always have a celebrity reading the story of the birth of Baby Jesus between the songs (which is pretty sweet considering it is Disneyland) and this year it is John Stamos. She has to be there at about 12:15 tomorrow for performances at 5:30 and 8:00. She probably won't get home until almost 10:00 since each performance is about 45 minutes or so. I'm excited to see her sing tomorrow (as well as walking the parade route as a choir to get there), but she is nervous about it. I know she will do fine and have a good time doing it. I'm a little nervous myself about keeping an eye on the girls while the performance is going on. We'll do some rides after (without Traci) to make it a full day since we'll be trying to catch the 5:30 performance. If you have the chance to get down there, I would say go for it. I remember hearing about it when I worked at Disneyland, but have never seen it. I'm looking forward to it from that point of view.

Toss into this leading a discussion with the Sunday School class I lead about our class' direction and changes we want to make and that adds a little to my stress level for tomorrow. Fortunately, though, it appears most of the class is on the same wavelength based on the responses I've received for the survey I sent out the members earlier this week. That's encouraging.

And finally, the reason for the title of this posting. I was finally able to beat Lou on Guitar Hero to officially be done with the easy level. It took battling him three straight time today to do it, but I rocked him! It's kind of odd, but that's one thing I've been trying to do for a while. Maybe it's a sad sign that I actually felt some relief after beating him. Whatever, I'm past him now.

I'll try post some pictures from this weekend sometime this week. Speaking of pictures, we're a little behind on Christmas cards this year. We've had pictures taken and should have access to them soon to get the cards done, but for now, you'll have to settle for a few snapshots from our photographer's blog. (There is a picture of Courtney, my favorite picture ever of Skyler and a great picture of the fam!) Plus, we haven't even started our Christmas letter yet. At least things will calm down after this weekend, not to mention, we'll be without the kids overnight next Friday night thanks to my work party going until midnight and my parents being willing to keep them. Pretty sweet if you ask me!

No comments: