Thursday, May 28, 2009

Fun Weekend Ahead

I have to admit that although the 10-hour work days can seem long sometimes, it's always worth it come Friday...because I'm always off! Just one of the things I love about my job. So since my weekend is now underway, and I'll be busy for most of it, I though I would preview it.

But first, the event of the day today was Courtney's Kindergarten assessment. Traci took her to it this afternoon and they said she did good and was recommended for the extended-day K. They gave the early bird and late bird options. I"m letting Traci choose which one she prefers since she will be the one dropping both Skyler and Courtney come the fall. She's preferring late bird since Sky needs to be at school by 9:00 and Courtney would start at 9:05 (to 2:25, I think). Apparently there's a lottery or something like that to determine who gets their preference for starting times based on how the kids are classified after their assessments. When asked to count as high as she could, Courtney got to 59. Not bad for someone about to enter Kindergarten.

Now for the upcoming weekend. Tomorrow we have a playdate scheduled with the Parkers who are visiting from Idaho to gather support and promote their upcoming journey into the missions world. They will eventually be heading to Congo as Wycliffe translators. However, tomorrow it will just be fun to hang out in the morning. After lunch, we'll all head our own ways: the Parkers to move into their next host-house, me to pick up Courtney from preschool, and Traci to take Skyler to her first dentist appointment. That should be interesting considering it's her first time there. At least our dentist and the staff are really good people. Then tomorrow night it's a game night with our Sunday School class, which includes the Parkers since they were a part of the class before moving to Idaho.

Saturday brings a trip to DCA (Disney's California Adventure). My parents are going so they can use up their 2fer pass before they expire in a little over a week. We may have Sky try Soarin' Over California and Tower of Terror since she is tall enough for them now and wants to at least try Tower of Terror. (I haven't asked her about Soarin' yet, but she has no fear.)

Then Sunday after church, we have the Parkers' Open House where they will be doing a presentation for their missionary work. It should be interesting as it is such a drastic life-change to take on something like this. I really respect them for doing this.

Time to head off and clean a little before Traci gets home from the gym. If I'm ambitious, I'll post some picture from Saturday on here or Facebook sometime this weekend.

1 comment:

Traci said...

What's even more amazing is that she can count to 100, but just got bored and stopped counting when we were there. (She's done to 100 a few times.)