Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Good, the Bad...Now I'm Sad

What a rough weekend. Thank goodness they are not all like this.

First of all having left work early on Wednesday and then calling in sick on Thursday due to a stomach bug of some kind, that didn't go away until Saturday, was a sign of how things would go, I guess.

On Friday, I took my car into the nearest Jeep dealership, which is now Cerritos after two others nearby have closed in this downturn, to take care of a problem that the last mechanic I took it to said could only be taken care of by a dealer. Well, they were right, unfortunately. Now that I've been putting up with my car stalling at random times for the past several months (we're talking since Christmas or just before), it is nice to have the problem fixed. Turns out the computer, you know the one that runs the car, was having an internal short and therefore making the car stall. The computer alone was $583 (not including labor). There was also a problem with air and gas control that meant the repair of another part. After all was said and done, we're out almost a grand. We are lucky in the sense that we were able to afford this right now and make the car last until now. However, the bad is that it cost about what our trip to Colorado would cost and spending that much again would not be smart at this point in time. Therefore, I have a feeling we won't be heading to Colorado this year, which really sucks. It kills me every time the girls mention and get very excited about going to Colorado. At least we have Skype.

Then, my worries about going to Colorado and spending the money on my car didn't seem very significant. Our friend Monica, who has been battling Cancer (Angiosarcoma) for about a year and a half now, was admitted to the hospital on Friday. We found out Saturday and were able to visit her that afternoon. She is in a lot of pain as the tumors rapidly grow in her. From what Traci told me from Sunday School today (I was home with Courtney who is sick) she has a 22cm tumor. The chemos she has been through have not been working. She needs prayer, as do her husband and almost 3-year-old son. It's obviously hard on them as well, especially Sol (her husband) as he better understands what is going on. I ask that you pray for them.

(Since I just posted a new song on my other blog, I wanted to post the previous video for my current favorite song as it means so much to me right now. Hope you enjoy it if you haven't checked out my other blog lately.)



No comments: