Thursday, June 2, 2011

8 Months

It's hard to believe that I've been unemployed for 8 months now.  However, with the recent activity in the job search, it seems like that may come to an end soon, possibly before the 9 month mark.  Last week, I had interviews with an employment agency and Hawaiian Airlines.  The agency then called me back later last week with a possibility, but I requested not to be considered for it because of the 25% pay decrease and my current search activity.  Hawaiian Airlines is currently in the process of arranging a second interview (phone) and I should  hear back from them once they have found a time that all 5 of their employees can talk.  Then earlier this morning, I received confirmation of my interview with BP next Tuesday.  It's nice to have all this activity right now.  I'm just really hoping I can land one of these.

School's almost out for the kids.  Skyler finishes up preschool next week and Courtney finishes school the week after.  When I was let go last October, I never imagined I would still be unemployed when Summer vacation rolled around, let alone still have some money.

Plans for Summer vacation are forming pretty well.  We have our annual camping trip in early August scheduled, which comes right after my (alone) trip to St. Louis to be in my friend's wedding at the end of July.  The girls will have swimming lessons like usual and there is a reading program at the library again, which they did last Summer.  We also have our first trip to the Getty Museum planned for later this month.  Depending on how the next interview goes with Hawaiian Airlines, Traci and I may be making a brief trip to Honolulu for final interviews, but I need to get past the next one first.

No comments: