Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer Vacation

It's hard to believe that Skyler is on vacation already and Courtney will be once she finishes up school tomorrow.  When I was let go back in October, I never imagined myself still being unemployed come Summer Vacation.  But here we are and here I am.  All in all, I'm kind of excited about it, though.  It will be fun to spend a lot of time with the girls being home all day.  I'm sure there will be days when I don't feel that way, but I think it will be fun overall.

This is shaping up to be a very interesting and potentially big-changes kind of Summer.  I'm currently in the process of working on three job leads.  One feels dead though since my last interview was the end of March, even thought they have told me they haven't filled the position.  One is just getting restarted thanks to a request for a lower pay rate.  The other, most promising, opportunity is being delayed by people taking vacations.  This opportunity would relocate us pretty far away, but I have at least two more rounds of interviews, so it's far from a sure thing.  They have told me they are in the process of coordinating schedules for the second interview, but with some people being out of town, that really slows things up.  I'll know next week though.  I won't give any more details on it because there is such a ways to go in the process.  However, if I get flown out for an interview, that will sound like a very strong possibility and will probably give more insight then.  For now, we wait.

Our family has our first fun Summer activity planned for next week.  We have our first visit to the Getty Museum planned for next week.  I'm not a big museum guy, but this should be worth it.  It will make for a good day trip.  It happens to be on the 17th anniversary of my high school graduation, which is pretty scary to think about.

I'm also doing something kind of crazy.  I am on a kickball team.  Yes, a game that I hadn't played since elementary school until our practice this past Monday.  I am still recovering physically from that, but it was a lot of fun.  I'm looking forward to playing, currently as a sub, and seeing how that all goes.  The first game is Thursday next week and we'll have to see if I'm able to get out of bed on Friday.  Hopefully I will...me and Traci's 12th anniversary is that Sunday, the 26th.

No comments: