Friday, July 8, 2011

Crazy Week

This week has the busiest one in a while and it's not slowing down.  The girls started swim lessons this week and will finish them up next Friday.  i love watching them because they love to be int he water and swim.  It just makes me a proud daddy...makes me very happy.

It all goes back to Sunday.  If you remember, last weekend was a bad weekend emotionally for me due to the rejection from Hawaiian Airlines.  But nonetheless, life goes on.  Sunday after church, we went to a picnic at the park with my Bible Study group and their families, which was pretty fun.  After that we spent the evening at our church for their Patriotic Concert on the Lawn.

Monday, of course, was the 4th.  We started off going to a friend's house for an lunchtime holiday BBQ and the kids had fun with some water play.  After that it was straight to Traci's aunt and uncle's house for a huge block party and fireworks.  Skyler was scared by most of the fireworks, especially the illegally professional ones that were very loud.  There was actually one down the street that exploded before leaving the ground.  I couldn't tell if anybody got hurt, but it was pretty scary to see.

Tuesday the girls started swim lessons and that was pretty much it besides my quarterly psych appointment.

Wednesday after swim lessons, we headed to the beach for the first time this year.  Of course the girls had a ton of fun.  This also represented the first time that we let the girls go in the water without holding their hands, so Traci and I were kind of on edge watching them nearby.  They actually did pretty well and between that and playing in the sand, they were pretty happy.  After that we headed to my sister's mother-in-law's fiance's house for an impromptu BBQ.  She treats our girls as if they were her own granddaughters which is very sweet.  It gave us a chance to get to know her fiance a little better too, which was nice.  He has two dogs and the girls enjoyed playing with them and petting them.  Dinner was also great!  We all even took a walk to a nearby park where the girls got play a little before we finally headed home.

Thursday after swim lessons we headed to a friend's house for some fun swim time.  I was used as a floating jungle gym by the girls, and it was a lot of fun.  It's times like those I really cherish.  After that, we went home for a little bit before heading off to my kickball game, the first time Traci and the girls had been able to make it to a game.  I enjoyed having them there to watch, and we won so that was pretty cool too.  (We are 2-1 now, by the way!)

Today after lessons, our swim day was cancelled which was nice because it gave enough time to come home and prep the girls for their auditions today.  Yesterday we were notified that each girl had an audition today, so Traci took Skyler to her audition in Santa Monica while I took Courtney to her audition in Hollywood.  When Courtney and I arrived, we learned that the casting people were on lunch for another 45 minutes so we walked down the street (in Hollywood, remember) to a nearby Jack in the Box for a snack.  As we arrived, there were a man and a woman yelling at each other looking like they were going to go at it (fight) right outside the JITB.  I calmly walked Courtney way around them and into the restaurant to make sure we were both safe.  Once inside we got our food and I had to let Courtney know not to stare at a woman who was talking to people who weren't there, if you know what I mean.  Ahhhh...just another day in Hollywood!  After we made it home, we had a chance to eat dinner and get the girls packed and over to Traci's parents' house for a sleepover tonight.  The reason for the sleepover?

Tomorrow morning, Traci and I head over the house of one of our pastors to help them move to their new house in El Cajon, near San Diego, since he is becoming Co-lead Pastor of a church down there.  Needless to say it will be a busy Saturday...again.

Despite all this busyness, I have still made time to apply to a number of jobs.  How many will I actually have a chance at?  Based on my success so far...none.  But if I don't keep trying, nothing will happen.  However, I am getting in touch with a recruiter that helped one my friends a little while back.  I'm hoping that may help end the drought, but I'll believe once it happens.  So in honor of Will and Kate's visit to L.A., chin up!

No comments: