Sunday, December 2, 2007

A Special Day

So, tomorrow is December 3, which holds a special day in my and Traci's hearts. It was that day, 13 years ago that we started going out...this time. What I mean by this time, in case you don't know the story, is that we were a couple for about two months in middle school (she was a 6th-grader and I was an 8th-grader), two weeks in high school/middle school (8th and 10th grades) and two months in high school (freshman and junior). It's always fun for us to reminisce about our past and everything we've been through together.

It's amazing that God introduced the two of so long ago. We actually met when I was on her brother's and cousin's little league team in the Spring of 1986! (If I can find a picture or two, I'll try to post them later.) Her dad, uncle and grandpa were all coaches, which worked out for the better since we all got to know each other early on. (And they still let me in the family!)

We have made it a tradition to exchange Christmas tree ornaments as a way to remember the special day in our lives. We have also made it a family tradition where we have Courtney and Skyler exchange ornaments as well.

Needless to say, we look forward to this day every year. This year is no exception. Little did we know at the time that things would work out as well as they have. Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott, that is the sweetest thing I've ever heard! I'm so glad you shared that story. Happy December-3rd-iversary!

I'm really happy you started a blog, by the way. Welcome to the dark side! : )

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a neat little tradition. Happy date-iversary to you and Traci!! :)

Anonymous said...

Awww! I love you! Happy Anniversary! What's scary is thinking about our little girls possibly meeting their future spouse when they turn 8 years old. Scary!