Sunday, December 9, 2007

Who am I?

If you have MySpace, you may know that I have two totally opposite songs (well one song and one video) on my site. The song is "East to West" by Casting Crowns. The lyrics in this song are so powerful. It's definitely my favorite song right now. If you want to listen to the song, you can go to http://www.castingcrowns.com/content/jukebox.php or you can check out my MySpace page. However, if you don't have MySpace, or do and are not one of my "friends,", then you may not be able to see it.

The video on my MySpace page is definitely of an opposite flavor. As a matter of fact, I have declared it my offiicial theme song! It is "White and Nerdy" by Weird Al, quite possibly one of the greatest musicians around. The lyrics are awesome enough on their own. But to get the full effect of them, you have to watch the video. Check it out here. And when you do, notice the math references in it (pi and vector calculus are mentioned because, well, that's hot!) as well as the background in a number of scenes of the video. It is topped off by the appearance of Donny Osmond. That's right, that's not a typo. You've got to check it out if you haven't before. And even if you have, it just never gets old (the same way "Dumb and Dumber" and "Christmas Vacation" never get old)! As a matter of fact, it may border on addicting becasue it's such a good video and song. Anyway, the song was actually released last year and was his highest-ever ranking song on the Billboard chart breaking into the top 10!

So in conlcusion, am I geeky enough for you?!?!?!?!?!?! This is Scott Steinman, CMG (Certified Math Geek) signing off!

P.S. Have I told you that pi is my favorite part of every meal? Ok, seriously, I'm done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a pretty cool math geek, hon.

Anonymous said...

I guess I'll still claim you as my brother. One more pi joke,though, and that may be questionable.

Anonymous said...

Geeks are cool.