Saturday, July 19, 2008

The End is in Sight

It appears I have survived the time without Traci. She will be landing around 12:45 tomorrow afternoon and another uneventful day was enjoyed at the Steinman house today. It actually was a pretty good day. I was able to vacuum and the girls were a big help, wanting to help me clean. Courtney got her toy broom and dust pan while Skyler got her toy mop and helped me push the vacuum around. Courtney also cleaned up her room, which is something she has been voluntarily doing fairly often lately. No objections from the parents, that's for sure! There was a little of Courtney's attitude today, but nothing out of the ordinary.

We went over to my parents' house for dinner and to see pictures from their 3-week vacation which they just returned home from today. We also did a trip to Home Depot this morning to get a new hand shovel (I bent the last one) and a sprinkler to replace one the city installed when they built storm drains along each side of our front yard. I have to admit, I am insanely interested in the automatic sprinkler system and enjoy making simple repairs, such as replacing a sprinkler. Just another of the those odd, nerdy things that makes me who I am. (Don't get me started on what I call the world's best sprinkler that I bought a few weeks ago at Home Depot to water the lawn while our sprinkler system needed a bigger repair. Traci can tell you how happy that sprinkler made me.)

Tomorrow should be a good day with Traci's return. After church we'll grab lunch and head to LAX to pick up Traci. I do love all the time I get to spend with the girls. It makes me appreciate what a gift from God kids really are. And between both girls getting stung by (stepping on) bees within a half hour of each other at a birthday party a few weeks ago while only I was with them (Traci was at her cousin's bridal shower) and all the drama this week, I think I'm getting the hang of this parenting thing.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Glad you did make it through! And that there were no more injuries! Yay!

Heidi said...

Glad to hear you made it through and there were no more injuries! Yay!