Monday, July 21, 2008

Exciting News!!!!!!!!

If you've read my blogs in the past, you may know that Courtney took an acting class (for kids) last summer/fall and has been meeting agents periodically as a result. You may also know that she had a callback today, which typically only happens when they are interested in possibly representing them in the industry. Well...

The agency she met today (L.A. Models/L.A. Talent) gave us a contract to read/review and sign if we would like. They want to represent her (be her agent)...and not just in one field!!!!!!! They want to represent her for print, commercials and TV!

It's very exciting as there is a lot of potential with this, but at the same time I feel the need to be very cautious as this is all something new and unfamiliar to us. You can bet that we will be going through the contract very thoroughly and writing down any questions we may have as well as seeking opinions from those that have experience in this area. Fortunately, one of my friends from high school, who we still keep in touch with, grew up on TV on "Days of Our Lives" and "Full House."

Unfortunately, I couldn't go with Traci and Courtney today because I had some training I needed to go to at work. But from what Traci told me, it sounds like Courtney was in full extrovert/entertainment mode when she got there, making those around them in the waiting area (including one of the agents) laugh. Apparently she was telling a story she made up about a skunk...she has been on a skunk fix lately, I'm not sure why except maybe for "Over the Hedge."

If you pray, pray that Courtney will enjoy whatever may come from this and for us as parents to make wise decisions. You can bet that if she lands a gig, you will be hearing more about it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I know you won't be the behind the scene crazy parents! She's going to be so adorable and excited about this!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have been busy with the blogs. She was so hilarious in the waiting room. Everyone who came in or walked by was cracking up at her. It's amazing how much she has learned at the school to prepare her for these agent meets.

Mrs. Coral Kenagy said...

I think is super exciting! It will be fun to be able to say "Hey, I know that oh-so-cute kid!" I always like being able to say things like that- and mean it. lol
I look forward to reading more about this endeavor both from Courtney's perspective and from yours as a parent.
Congrats!

micah said...

Wow, I didn't know she was into that--I'd be cautious about that "child star" stuff myself, but it sure sounds fun and exciting!

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of Courtney. She definately has the personality to do this kind of work. I know she will have fun doing acting. She loves to be the center of attention. We will be supporting her along the way. Don and Marcia

roller8 said...

Yes congratulations on this great news!

One thing you should do (or I'll just say MUST do) is have an entertainment lawyer review the contract before signing anything. This is common and expected.

God bless and good luck!