Sunday, August 10, 2008

Steinman...out!

So here it is almost midnight, and tomorrow morning Traci and I head off on a cruise (my first one) with her cousin Bryan and his wife Shauna. I am really looking forward to as we will be heading to Catalina (our first time), San Diego and Ensenada, Mexico (my first time in Mexico). I've been looking forward to this trip for a while as it is always good to take some time away from the kids and just enjoy some time alone with the love of my life. It's good for the marriage and our sanity. The kids should have a good time splitting the week between the grandparents. They have lots of fun stuff planned and that should be good to help keep the kids distracted from us being gone. They will probably start missing us as the week goes on (Courtney has already told us she is going to miss us), but they'll be getting plenty of love from the grandparents. I should probably be in bed, but I'll head there after this.

I also talked to my good friend Eric today as we finally booked our flight for our Boston trip over Labor Day weekend. Unfortunately, we booked after prices appear to have bottomed out this past week. So although we're paying a little more, we will get to spend an extra day in Boston as we are taking a redeye on that Thursday night. That should also be a great trip and we will meet our good friend Micah there. He just moved up to Connecticut to go into grad school so he has a short drive (compared to how far we're going) to meet us there. So it will just the three of us roaming around Boston for the long weekend and passing out thank you cards to the Red Sox Nation for giving us Manny Ramirez. I'm hoping they have some dreadlocks wigs on clearance out there. But then again, since Manny will be cutting his hair soon, if he hasn't already, it may not make sense to get them. We have already bought our tickets to a Red Sox game so that may very well be the highlight of the weekend for me.

So it's off to bed now to rest up for the cruise, and hopefully I won't forget my little Dramamine patches tomorrow morning.

Oh, one more thing. Traci just started her own blog so check it out when you have a chance. I tend to give the Cliff Notes version of stories where she goes into more detail. Plus she has a pretty cool perspective of things too. I love her!

No comments: