Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Red Sox Nation? INCOMING!!!!!!!!

The Labor Day weekend is just about upon us and that means one thing...my guys weekend in Boston is finally here! I have been looking forward to this trip since we first decided to do it. granted it will be close to impossible to top the cruise I just returned from 2 weeks ago, but still. I'm going with some good friends of mine, Eric and Micah.

We have been good friends since high school. They were both in my wedding (Eric was the best man) and we have been able to keep in touch over the years, which isn't bad considering we graduated from La Serna 14 years ago. (Has it seriously been that long?!) None of us have been to Boston before so, but we've done our research and have a good idea of what we want to do while we're there, which includes the Freedom Trail, MFA (Museum of Fine Arts), check out Harvard, take in some live music at a jazz club, and of course go to Fenway to see a Red Sox game. Needless to say, it's going to be a fun weekend full of good times with good friends.

Now the next questions should be, "Hey, why are you still up when you have to wake up at 4:30 tomorrow morning to get ready for work and then take a redeye flight (taking off at 9:30) tomorrow night?" My answer would probably be in the form of a blank stare about now. Our flight takes off about 9:30 tomorrow night and after a brief layover in Washington DC early Friday morning, we'll land in Boston about 8:30. And then, let the good times roll. Eric and I will be on our own for most of the day since Micah just started graduate school this week at U Conn.

I am packed for the most part, just a few things to go, which I can't really do until tomorrow. It will be a little tight in terms of time between getting home from work and heading off to the trip(about and hour to an hour and a half).

My brain is starting to shut down now that it is after 11:30 so I will call it a blog and head to bed. I'm sure I'll have pictures and plenty to post when I return on Monday.

No comments: