Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back from Boston

Well, I have made it back safely from my Labor Day weekend trip to Boston with a couple of good friends. And just to let you know, this will be more of a summary blog than anything. My goal is to post a picture a day for about the next month or so to explain the happenings of the trip. I took about 130 pictures, so I'll be picking the best ones and the ones that represent the highlights of the trip. But just to give you an idea of what I will be elaborating on, here is how the trip went...

Thursday, August 28:
Red-eye flight from Long Beach

Friday, August 29:
Land in DC for layover before landing in Boston
Intro to Boston subway system and streets
Check into "hotel"
Sightseeing (Back Bay, Trinity church, Library)
Nap
Micah arrives
Dinner/sightseeing/barhopping (what's going on there?)

Saturday, August 30:
Breakfast
Freedom Trail
Sightseeing
Dinner (seafood)
Jazz club/barhopping (again?)

Sunday, August 31:
Breakfast
Museum of Fine Arts (MFA)
Red Sox game at Fenway Park
Harvard/Dinner
Barhopping (what have my friends done to me?)

Monday, September 1:
Fly home (breakfast in NY...Traci was jealous)

I may have left out some things or confused the order a little bit, but as I go, you'll get more details. The bottom line is it was more fun than I expected it to be, which is pretty good considering I went into the trip with high expectations. I do have to say, though, that I'm surprised at how well I held my alcohol. I consumed more this weekend than I had the rest of my life to this point. (Granted, I hardly ever drink, but still.) Hanging out and just being guys with a couple of good friends definitely made the trip a weekend I'll remember for a long time. I hope you'll come back and read about some of the details as I attempt to post a picture a day. It will be a challenge, but it will be fun sharing with you all the memories and good times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun and got to relax. That's what weekends away are all about. Now bring on the pictures!!!