Saturday, September 27, 2008

Museum of Fine Arts


On Sunday, we wisely chose to set an alarm again as we knew Fenway Park was waiting for us and we wanted to be sure to go to the MFA before the game. I think we set the alarm for 9:00, but when Eric and I woke up with my alarm, we decided to sleep more so we reset the alarm for 30-45 minutes later...a good move. It was worth it.
So, once we were up, it was off to our traditional breakfast spot, Dunkin' Donuts. It was always good and pretty cheap. I mean seriously, how much can you spend on donuts, coffee (which I don't drink) and the like, unless you're Homer Simpson?
Anyway, we walked to the MFA since it was less than a mile away. The picture you see posted above is of me and Eric out in front for the museum. Micah tried to get me and Eric in a spot where the baby head is about as big as our heads? Not too bad, I say. So we pay and go in for about an hour and a half. I've never been much of an art fan, but Eric and Micah are quite the art buffs (compared to me). They were pretty cool with providing me some insights and background to some of the pieces we looked at, which was helpful and appreciated. Without them, I would have wandered aimlessly looking at the various things and looked like some scrub off the street. As Dionne Warwick once said, "That's what friends are for." Between not being an art fan and knowing that Fenway Park was calling my name, I was pretty anxious the whole time we were there. Once we left, the adrenaline started flowing pretty strong in me. Needless, to say, you can probably guess what the next blog will be about and how long it will be.

No comments: