Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fenway Park!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


After visiting the MFA for about an hour and a half, we walked on up to Fenway Park to see the Red Sox host the White Sox! This was one of the big highlights of the trip for me. (But if you know me at all, that's not surprising.) The picture posted here is my favorite from the whole trip.
It's so different from what I'm used to at Dodger Stadium. The ballpark is part of the neighborhood, just another building, really. There aren't any specifically designated parking lots, although the small ones scattered around the stadium were quite pricey...as high as $40! Outside the stadium, the streets were just about shoulder to shoulder. A game at Fenway is a block party. Even if you don't have a ticket, you can still hang around the area.
Once we got in, it was great. It felt like a big step back in time with the old school stadium that only holds about 37,000 or so (compared to 56,000 at Dodger Stadium). Our seats were located in right field, less than 10 rows from the top, but since it's such a small stadium, they were great seats. I got an $8 hot dog and it was so great! The only downside to the seats and the game was that it was easily in the 80's if not 90 and we were in the sun the whole time. Needless to say, we were a little toasty by the end of the game. No complaints here, though. I'd sit there again.
The White Sox wound up winning 4-2 and since my team wasn't involved, I didn't care who won. It was a good game and a great experience! My words in this posting don't do the experience any justice. I did wind up buying my only Boston souvenir here. Before the game, Micah and I both bought hats. He got the traditional Red Sox hat with the red B on it. I couldn't do that since I felt as though I would have been committing treason against the Dodgers. So I went for a hat that said Boston Red Sox and Fenway Park and had 1912 on it (the year Fenway Park opened). It was a good buy since I didn't bring a hat because I didn't want my Dodger hat getting all flattened in mu luggage...yes I baby it! After the game was over, we headed back to our place to shower and clean up. You would do that same after sitting in the sun for almost 3 hours. Then we headed out for one last night of good times, but that's for the next blog.

No comments: