Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mmmmm...Seafood...and Jazz


After we had completed the Freedom Trail, we met one of Eric's friends from Stanford who is now a professor at the University of Alabama. We decided it was time for authentic seafood somewhere. We had heard about this place called Legal Seafood, where the motto is "If it's not fresh, it's not legal." So once we met met up with Eric's friend, and one of his acquaintances from the Political Science convention they were attending, We headed off to Legal Seafood.
What you see pictured is what his friend ordered...and ate...and finished! I'm not a big seafood guy and not very adventurous, so I went with fish and chips. It was good. I felt like I was eating fast because I was afraid his dinner would crawl off his plate and eat mine. Ok, not really, but it was good and very filling. The portions were pretty large (as was the lobster, obviously).
Later that night we checked another thing off our list of things we wanted to do...a jazz club. Micah had found the name of a place that sounded good so we went and checked it out. I forget the name, but it was a little hole in the wall. The place was probably about 25-30 feet wide by about 100 feet back. It was pretty small, but the music was good, the beer was good and it was something new for me. I think we got there around 10:00 and left at midnight. It was definitely worth finding. It's amazing what some people can do with instruments. After that we finally headed back to our place and called it a day as we prepared for what would be one of the bigger highlights of the trip for me.

1 comment:

micah said...

Wally's Jazz Cafe... a quality establishment. It's always great to find a jazz place where people go for the music.