Friday, October 24, 2008

The Fun Continues

As my "bachelor" week continues, I find myself getting more done and finding more to do. Here is a quick checklist of stuff I was able to do today after work:
  • Mow and edge the lawn (in only an hour and a half)
  • Create a spreadsheet of our monthly budget (not pretty)
  • Sort through the mound of mail that had accumulated on the couch (still have to go through the unopened mail...leaving a mound of magazines and catalogs for Traci to go through when she's back Sunday...don't want her to feel left out)
  • Create grocery list (it's scary how empty our fridge is right now)
  • Called Verizon regarding FiOS (it will be available to us Nov 23)
  • Gassed up the car (and lawn mower...was excited that gas is "only $3.099/gal, which means with my $.10/gal discount (I love my employer--thank you, Chevron!), we're only paying $2.999/gal!!!!)
  • Made a Home Depot run (in order to fix sprinklers, you need to have some extras)
  • Payed the gas bill online (only $21 this month)
  • Made and ate a "gourmet" dinner of microwave taquitos (yummy!)
  • Consumed a Ben & Jerry's Phish Food (and got another one for tomorrow night!)

So then, what is on tap for tomorrow, you may ask? Nothing but more fun:

  • Sprinkler repair (noticed that one was broken before I mowed the lawn)
  • Store (to take care of insanely empty fridge and pantry)
  • Discover and clean the third world country of dust and toys under and in our couch (you don't want to know)
  • Vacuum and clean/pick up toys still laying around (I kind of started this last night but need to do more)
  • World Series game 3 (will develop Homer Simpson butt groove in the process)

The menu for tomorrow:

  • Breakfast: my always traditional Instant Breakfast
  • Lunch: BBQ Hamburgers
  • Dinner: Hot dogs
  • Topped off by: the other Ben & Jerry's Phish Food sitting in the freezer

Nothing beats a quality bachelor meal plan, huh? Hey, how come there's no Wii on that to do list?

In the weekly e-mail I get from our church about the happenings, I was excited to see an unexpected announcement that The Robbie Seay Band will be doing a concert at our church on November 12! I tried to get tickets tonight, but apparently they are not on sale yet. I guess I'll have to pay attention in church this week.

I've stayed up too late the past couple of nights, especially Wednesday night. However, tonight, I'm not so worried since I don't need to set an alarm tomorrow. Although I'll be busy tomorrow, it will all be okay as long as I finish everything planned by about 5:30 when Game 3 of the World Series starts.

Saw something interesting in the LA Times yesterday. In the weather section, they always list the hottest and coldest places in the 48 contiguous states. It showed that Whittier was tied for the hottest place (with Miramar down in San Diego county) in the US on Wednesday at 101 degrees! I was proud. Then while watching the news today, they were showing that there is a chance of rain next Friday. Not cool...that's Halloween!

Had a chance to watch Saturday Night Live last Saturday as I was very interested to see how Sarah Palin did when appearing on the show. Let me just say, the Weekend Update portion was classic. If you haven't had a chance to see the Sarah Palin rap, performed by a very pregnant Amy Poehler, it is great. Check it out here.

Well, Jay Leno just started so I guess if I'm going to play any Wii tonight, I better get to it before I fall asleep.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Hey Scott-o! We have been watching all the SNL skits lately and have loved all of the Palen skits. So it was especially cool to have her actually on last week...too funny!
=0)

And as for rain...it was supposed to be Saturday and they have now moved it to Sunday...hopefully it stays that way! And that it actually rains...we need it!

Heidi said...

Now there is no more rain forcasted in the next 10 days..I'm so bummed!! I usually love the sun but this heat is crazy!!