Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What a Great Day!

Ok, so this isn't a blog about my Boston trip, but Boston will be mentioned since they beat the Angels today! I'm loving life there! And what is this? The Dodgers won a playoff game? How sweet is that! The last playoff game we had won before this was against the Cardinals in 2004 and before that was Game 5 of the 1998 World Series when we won the whole thing! And another good part about our win today? It was in Chicago, not even at our place! I'm so excited, I don't know what to do with myself. Granted it is a best-of-5 series, but we're 1/3 of the way there already. I would love to see the Dodgers move on. Many people are saying the Cubs are the best in the National League, which makes sense because they had the best record in National League and 2nd best in all of baseball. So if the Dodger can get past them, look out! Here's hoping we can take game 2 tomorrow in Chicago also, because if we do, I have very little doubt that we will be moving on to face the winner of the Phillies-Brewers series. (I'm picking the Phillies to win that one, especially after they won game 1 today.)

So in summary, I have bragging rights (at least for today) over Shauna (and her dad) for beating their Cubs today, and I also have bragging rights over the in-laws, whose Angels are now down 0-1 in their series against the Red Sox! What a great day, indeed!