Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Population: Me

Here I am blogging, because it is just me in the house from now until Sunday afternoon. Traci and the girls rode up north with her parents for her cousin's wedding tomorrow (yes, Thursday) night. I'm saving my last two vacation days for around Christmas and New Year. If there is one good thing about being alone, it's that I get to watch the first three games of the World Series without distractions. However, I do miss them, of course. I miss the bedtime prayers and kisses. It will be weird sleeping alone. I've done that on business trips, but I'm somewhere else, not here.

I have lots of plans for myself while I'm home alone. Not a lot of fun stuff like Wii or hanging out with friends, though. Just stuff around the house that needs to get done. For example, I wrote the bills, balanced the checkbook and took out the trash tonight! How cool is that?!?!?!?! I also have plans for yard work this weekend and looking at our monthly budget. You know, the fun stuff in life. I will be having dinner with my parents tomorrow night for game 2 so that will be a nice little break.

I have to admit, Game 1 tonight was pretty good. I initially wanted the Rays to win the World Series since this is their first time in it, but with all the talk of American League domination in recent history, I find myself pulling for the Phillies. I guess the bottom line is it doesn't matter to me who wins. It should be a good series and I will be happy if it is.

I guess since I should have undisturbed sleep tonight, I should go start that now.

No comments: