Friday, October 17, 2008

Hello again

It seems like it's been a while since I've blogged. It's been a week. I guess that's what happens when I don't have something pushing inside my head to get out. SO this will be one of those general update kind of blogs.

We got a call today from Courtney's agent and she has an audition with Hasbro on Monday afternoon. It would be cool if she got it, but I'm not holding my breath. She has to beat out a ton of kids I'm sure. I know she can do it, but I'm not the one making the casting decisions.

Ever since my dad had a heart attack 5 years ago, combined with the fact that I've been on cholesterol medication for a while now, I've been more concerned about my future and if/when I'll have one. So in an effort to avoid one all together, I'm starting a cardiovascular health program through work. It's free and can only help me, so why not. I want to be around as long as possible for my family so this is the least I can do. I'll have twice a month calls with a "mentor" who will provide me with advice and check my progress on the goals I will set as well as general encouragement and tips on how to get where I want to go. The program lasts for 9 months so it's not what I consider a short-term program. Another bonus is that for completing the initial assessment, I get a $100 credit in February on my health benefit deductions. If I meet a certain milestone about halfway through the program, I'll get another $100 credit next September. That's a ways off, but it's an extra $100 to bring home.

My Dodgers finally got eliminated from the playoffs this week. It was sad, but it is the best season they've had since they won the World Series in 1988. Now come the offseason decisions of the front office staff. There are a number of free agents that could decide to sign elsewhere. A few of them could easily (and should!) retire. It will be interesting to see what the team looks like when Spring Training rolls around in February. Speaking of Spring Training, it will be nice to have the Dodgers new Spring Training facility much closer than it has ever been. It has been in Vero Beach, FL for the past 60, but is moving to Glendale, AZ this next spring. While it would be nice to go check it out some March weekend, I don't see that happening with our current financial situation.

I finally played Guitar Hero again today for the first time in a couple months. I still can't beat Lou, which is really discouraging me from playing. Plus I love playing the sports on there, especially baseball now that I keep learning how to do more thing in it.

I guess I should go and enjoy the quiet time while the girls are asleep, especially since I will be taking them to DCA tonight while Traci is doing a PartyLite party.

No comments: