Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Third Concert

So tonight I was able to take in my third concert ever. (My first was seeing our friend Sol's band, Greenleaf Avenue at Universal City Walk a few years ago, and my second one was seeing our church's band, the WACC Band, play at a local park.) Tonight, we saw the Robbie Seay Band play at our church and it was great. We were able to sit up in the third row so it was cool to be so close. There's just something about live, loud music that gets me going, especially when it's music with a message!

I gained a new appreciation of musicians tonight in a couple of ways. Laura Knaak and her band opened with about 5 songs. She's the assistant music pastor at our church so we get to hear her almost every week, and she has an amazing voice. It was her drum player that impressed me (and Traci) the most on one of the songs. Playing the drums alone takes plenty of coordination. However, this guy was also able to do a solo (singing) while playing the drums. Granted, I have minimal, if any, musical ability, but that still was very impressive.

It was the electric guitar player of Robbie Seay's band that took the cake in my opinion. He had a control board for his guitar that had at least three sections to it from what I could tell. Each part made the guitar sound different and he would be changing the sounds multiple times every song. (And he looked like he was about 16!)

Also, Robbie's brother, Chris, did a couple of couple of mini-sermons in between sets and he was pretty funny.

After the concert ended, we were able to chat with Robbie Seay for a few minutes and have my mom take a picture of us with him. Considering how much I love music (especially when it's live), I need to try to go to more concerts. If only they weren't so darn expensive usually. Fortunately, tonight only set us back $14 total! We got more than our money's worth. Enjoy some pictures from the concert below.


Robbie Seay



The drummer
The amazing electric guitarist
The bass guitarist
Traci and I with Robbie Seay after the concert.

1 comment:

Traci said...

Yes, those 2 especially were really amazing. And of course since we play Guitar Hero, I have an all new appreciation for guitar heroes that I never had before. They all were amazing. Robbie's voice is awesome. Of course you have to get past the George Bush eye tricks.