Monday, November 10, 2008

A New Blog Feature: S2S (Songs To Share) - Robbie Seay Band "Song of Hope"

I'm excited to start something new here on my humble little blog. It comes from something I did earlier this year with a group from my church for spiritual formation. I would weekly share a song via link in an e-mail where they could then listen to the song and hopefully get something out of it.

Now I'm trying to open it up to a bigger audience and maybe even turn it into a ministry of sorts. This is why I have enabled a new feature on my blog where you can e-mail the posting to any of your friends and others. I'm also looking for feedback which you can do by e-mailing me or posting a comment on my blog. I have to approve comments before they are posted on the blog so if you respond that way and don't want me to post it, just let me know and I'll keep it off the site.

What I'll be doing is posting videos of songs that I think have a powerful message. Some of the videos will be official videos and others will be more along the lines of what we do in our church during worship where there are pictures or videos playing behind the words. The words are my main focus on the songs I post here as they are what convey the message of the music.

I've already got 5 songs I'm ready to share and I'm not going to limit it to one per week. So, on with the first song...

I have chosen "Song of Hope" by Robbie Seay Band to be the first song partly because I will be attending the concert they are doing at our church on Wednesday night. I never go to concerts so I'm excited about this being at a place that is familiar to me and that I love going to. This song is also very appropriate with all that is going on in the world right now with the economic issues worldwide and a new president about to come into office who has been associated with bringing hope with him. We can all use some hope during the tough times and there are plenty of tough time to go around right now. I hope you enjoy this song (it is not the official video, but rather along the lines of having pictures behind the words).

1 comment:

Traci said...

Ahh...I love that song. It was great to hear live too.